Work on the project started in late 2013. First public commits on the code are from Jan 2014. The first registrar for Blockstack was launched in March 2014 and the project has been growing since then. See this page for the current development roadmap
Articles in this section
- Can Blockstack control my data or ID when I use it?
- Can Blockstack delete my Blockstack ID or deny me use of it?
- Can I get an identity without the Blockstack in the name, like steve.id?
- Can I have more than one identity?
- Can I move my data from one storage provider to another?
- Do apps using Blockstack work with a regular browser?
- Do DApps work with a regular browser?
- Do I need to keep my identity secret?
- Do identities last forever or do they expire?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?