It does not, as of November 2016. It uses a much more reliable system called the Atlas Network. Details here: https://blog.blockstack.org/blockstack-core-v0-14-0-release-aad748f46d#.30gzlthdw
Articles in this section
- What is Blockstack?
- What is a Blockstack ID?
- What is a decentralized internet?
- What problems does Blockstack solve?
- What opportunities does Blockstack enable?
- What is a "serverless" app?
- What is a "decentralized" app?
- Who should build on Blockstack?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?
- What is Blockstack Core and who is working on it?