You can think of Ethereum as a "heavy" blockchain that does everything for you. All the complexity is handled there, computations run there, and all scalability and security issues need to be handled at the blockchain layer. Blockstack puts minimal logic into a blockchain and handles scalability outside of the blockchain by re-using existing internet infrastructure in new ways. Read more about this in the following forum post: https://forum.blockstack.org/t/what-is-the-difference-between-blockstack-and-ethereum/781/2
Articles in this section
- What is Blockstack?
- What is a Blockstack ID?
- What is a decentralized internet?
- What problems does Blockstack solve?
- What opportunities does Blockstack enable?
- What is a "serverless" app?
- What is a "decentralized" app?
- Who should build on Blockstack?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?
- What is Blockstack Core and who is working on it?