Decentralized applications or DApps are a new type of software application built with blockchain technology. Where Bitcoin is a decentralized value exchange on a blockchain, DApps use blockchain technology for more than value exchange; they use a blockchain to exchange data and support application interactions.
Articles in this section
- Can Blockstack control my data or ID when I use it?
- Can Blockstack delete my Blockstack ID or deny me use of it?
- Can I get an identity without the Blockstack in the name, like steve.id?
- Can I have more than one identity?
- Can I move my data from one storage provider to another?
- Do apps using Blockstack work with a regular browser?
- Do DApps work with a regular browser?
- Do I need to keep my identity secret?
- Do identities last forever or do they expire?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?