Blockstack, like Linux, is an open-source project with a GPLv3 license for the core technology. Just like different companies build apps and services on top of Linux and have different individual business models, there are companies who're building apps & services for Blockstack on top of the core open-source technology and these companies have various business models and funding sources respectively. Having more venture-backed companies join the ecosystem for a decentralized internet is a good thing for everyone participating in the ecosystem including users and developers.
Articles in this section
- What is Blockstack?
- What is a Blockstack ID?
- What is a decentralized internet?
- What problems does Blockstack solve?
- What opportunities does Blockstack enable?
- What is a "serverless" app?
- What is a "decentralized" app?
- Who should build on Blockstack?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?
- What is Blockstack Core and who is working on it?