Blockstack was founded by two engineers from Princeton University, Muneeb Ali and Ryan Shea. They met at the Computer Science department at Princeton, where Muneeb was finishing his Ph.D. and Ryan was running the entrepreneurship club. In 2013, frustrated by the walled-gardens and security problems of the current internet they started working on a decentralized internet secured by blockchains. Blockstack is an open source project, and you can find the code on GitHub.
Articles in this section
- Can Blockstack control my data or ID when I use it?
- Can Blockstack delete my Blockstack ID or deny me use of it?
- Can I get an identity without the Blockstack in the name, like steve.id?
- Can I have more than one identity?
- Can I move my data from one storage provider to another?
- Do apps using Blockstack work with a regular browser?
- Do DApps work with a regular browser?
- Do I need to keep my identity secret?
- Do identities last forever or do they expire?
- How are Blockstack domains different from normal DNS domains?